Lesson 1 will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to accessibility
- Differences between accessibility and accommodation
- Reasons for the importance of accessibility
- Who can benefit from accessibility
You will hear from UNC System students who have experienced accessibility issues in the classroom. In addition, you will complete an activity that demonstrates issues students with disabilities face on a university campus.
By the end of Lesson 1, you will be able to:
- Define accessibility
- Explain the differences between accessibility and accommodation
- Identify the steps necessary to register with disability resources at your institution
- Describe the ways that accessibility impacts all students
Lesson 1 is divided into the following parts:
- Part 1: What is Accessibility?
- Part 2: Being a Student with a Disability
- Part 3: Benefits of Accessibility
To get started, select the Lesson 1.1 button below.